Even though it’s technically spring, it’s already getting pretty hot in Bakersfield and Central California. So before summer hits, it’s important to take care of some garden or lawn maintenance tasks. Even in the hot climate of California, many homeowners and business owners want to keep their lawn, golf course, or greenery as fresh and healthy as possible. Here are some tips from the experts at Kern Turf Supply. And if you need irrigation supplies, BBQs, or landscape lighting, get in touch with us today!
- Service the Lawnmower: Before you start mowing the lawn this spring and summer, make sure it’s working efficiently by having it serviced. Check to see if the blades are sharp and sharpen them if necessary. And if it’s been a while, change the oil, oil filter, or take it in for a complete tune-up.
- Plant Beds: Keep the edge of any plant beds clean by using a flat-edged shovel.
- Cleanup: After winter storms, there may be leftover debris scattered on the lawn. Pick up any leaves or broken branches from the yard.
- Mulch: Add a layer of mulch to any flower gardens or around any trees. Mulch will prevent weeds from growing and will protect the plants from the Bakersfield heat.
- Fertilizer: Applying a slow release fertilizer will provide essential minerals to your plants and can promote healthy root growth.
- Irrigation: Water is an essential part of a healthy landscape, but can be a challenging task in California. With the right irrigation supplies and system, you can be confident you’ll have a beautiful yard.
At Kern Turf Supply, we are passionate about helping homeowners and business owners achieve the landscape they want. And most importantly, we want to provide a beautiful landscape and save you time, money, and energy with efficient systems.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about how we can help you create a beautiful and efficient landscape with the right irrigation supplies and landscaping materials.